R&D Test Kitchen Staff
At Teasdale Latin Foods a R&D Lab Cook collaborates with the R&D Lab Head of Recipe Creation to create, craft and develop bold, sustainable, cost-effective yet rememberable flavors, both familiar to the world of latin foods, and on new horizons.
A successful R&D Lab Cook is a critical member of the team due to a diverse and specialized skill set and proven ability to execute all food production items, be able to develop and test new recipes and think broadly about how new flavor profiles can be incorporated into traditional shelf-stable food catagories.
- Well-versed on preparing delicious, house made pastries, following recipes, contributing creatively and working autonomously on all pastry stations to deliver a-la-carte or production-based pasty’s in fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Support Pastry Chef on the line and with inventory as well as the purchasing of goods to ensure kitchens are functioning at optimal performance with a sustainable food cost while also maintaining wastage, and undestanding how it contributes to the profit and loss of the company
- Supervise Pastry Cook(s) including but not limited to on-boarding and on-the-job training.
- Adhere to health and safety policy (I.e. IIPP, worker’s comp procedures, and allergy procedures) is always followed as well as implement, monitor and enforce compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and standards and local, state, and federal law as applicable.
- Precise attention to detail and efficient in creating a-la-carte dish(s), including family meal
- Support Pastry Chef by assisting with end of shift reports and handover sheets
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a fast pace, upscale and approachable environment of professionals
- Strong understanding of making pastry dishes from scratch and plating a-la-cate and production
- Proven ability to execute all menu items and properly prepare and deliver top quality dishes on all stations
- Food handler’s certificate
- Strong communicator, able to take direction, team player and motivator
- Proactive ability to build professional relationships with all leaders and kitchen team and arrive to work prior to scheduled start to ensure you have appropriate time to situate, eat and be briefed on previous service and anticipated service
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the kitchen and storage areas to others.
- Food handler’s certificate
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift of up to 50 pounds on occasion and 35 pounds regularly.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
- Physical Environment: description here of size, layout, furnishing, equipment, facilities & location.
- Company Culture: description here of code of conduct, encouragement and development, and EDGE/mission statement.
- Working Conditions: description here of work-life balence, terms of employment, workplace safety, and healthy lifestyle type information.
Teasdale Latin Foods offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day’s + vacation days.
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training’s and events. Available to all.